Summer is right around the corner, and with it comes our busiest season at Urban Waxx! Suddenly, we all look down at our winter white skin and think…I am going to be in a bathing suit soon. I need a wax and a spray tan, stat! We get a lot of new guests in the warmer months of the year, and for each guest, we like to let them know some insider information to really get the best wax they can. These tips are excellent to ensure your hair removal experience is the best it can possibly be.
1. EXFOLIATE! Yes, this is the most important step to remember. Exfoliation of your skin will slough off dead cells, and help ingrown hairs come to the surface. As we get older, our skin turns over slower, so it needs help to exfoliate! Our number one, absolute most FAVORITE exfoliation product is our very own Serious Serum. This serum is jam-packed with soothing ingredients like Coconut, Aloe, and Green Tea so that it keeps redness and irritation on the down low. It is also has the unique combo of Glycolic, Lactic, and Salicylic Acid to slough off dead cells all over your body. It is a MUST use for any area that you are waxing. It also helps with breakouts, fine lines and wrinkles…you name it. If you are waxing, you need to have a bottle of this magic potion in your bathroom! Use it every day, and add a manual scrub down (like scrubby gloves, dry brushing, a salt scrub) every 3 or 4 days. If your skin is exfoliated, you will get a much better result during your wax. And, your ingrown hairs will be a thing of the past!
2. Don’t DIY. Look, I have been waxing guests for 20 years. And yes, I will occasionally be in a pinch and wax myself. Can it be done? Yes. Do I recommend it? NO! Especially when it comes to bikini waxing, the angle is just all wrong. It is almost impossible to get a good wax when you are doing it yourself, and you will probably be left with stray hairs, bruising, and ingrowns. Not to mention, you could throw your back out from trying to get in all the more awkward areas. When it comes to waxing, look for the best Waxer you can find. Research. At Urban Waxx we do more than 35,000 Brazilian waxes a year, so we really know what we are doing!
3. Prepare! Get ready for your service. Ok, so we all know there is a little pain involved with waxing. We advise taking an over the counter pain reliever about 45 minutes before your wax. The pain should be quick, like pulling off a band-aid. If the pain is lingering, tell your Waxer!
4. COMMUNICATE! We want every guest to leave 100% happy after their appointment. It is so important that you are honest with your Waxer. Are you taking any medication that could compromise your skin? Speak up! Is the wax too hot? Do you see a hair left behind? Do you want your brows shaped a different way? Let us know! Our entire goal is giving you a service that you are completely thrilled about. If we don’t know something, we can’t help. So please, now is not the time to be shy! Tell your Waxer everything! Don’t worry…we have heard it all before!
5. Rebook. Yes, this is really critical. Waxing gets so much easier over time. If you commit to being on a schedule (usually 4-6 weeks) you will see a noticeable difference in your re-growth and your experience during the appointment. Over time, waxing will thin out your hair, so it will appear that you have less coming back. Huzzah! Before you leave your appointment, have the next one on deck. One less thing to think about!
Pretty simple, huh? Remember, we are here for you! We love talking about hair removal. If you have questions, we have outlined a bunch of FAQs here. And if you still have questions, give us a call!